Friday, June 01, 2007

Book Title Suggestions

Comment here if you have a suggestion for a title of my new book.

Have I mentioned that I'm turning these essays into a book? I've been working on it during this month's BIAM (Book-in-a-Month) at latterdayauthors. My goal for the BIAM was to clean them all up, add in a few other essays that aren't posted here, and get them ready for publishing.

The first two weeks of the BIAM, I focused on new grandbaby stuff, so the only progress made on the book was to put the essays in a tentative order, using little sticky notes stuck to poster board. (Works great when you don't know what you're doing and need to move stuff around a lot.)

But these last two weeks of the BIAM, I edited/cleaned up/rewrote 7,113 words, or approximately 20% of these essays. (It's intended to be a short book.)

Anyway, here's why I'm mentioning it. I don't have a title or a subtitle. I was thinking that if this ended up being a series of short books, I'd like to subtitle the series "Parables for the 21st century"--except they're not really parables. They're more like allegories or extended metaphors. And some of the essays need to be retitled. Also, it would help to know which ones people liked better than others, you know, so I can delete the bad ones and not completely embarrass myself before the entire world.

So, some day when you are totally bored, go through my archives and read a few. Post in the comments section of the individual essays if you liked it and why, or if you think it totally stinks, or if you were horribly offended. If you can suggest a new title for the essay, comment that as well. And if you have a book title suggestion, put that in the comments section of THIS post. If I use any of your suggestions, I will list your name on the Acknowledgments page. (Assuming, of course, that it gets published and there IS an Acknowledgments page.)

No comments: