Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Intent and Description

I've just begun to reread the Book of Mormon. I've had a habit over the past few years to journal my thoughts and comments about what I read. This time around, I have decided to post my commentary to this blog.

Why?

1. I didn't know about blogs before, but I do now--and I think they're cool.

2. I want to put positive things out into this ephemeral world we call the Internet, to counterbalance the negative that seems to be pervading our global society.

3. I firmly and adamantly believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ and His mission, His power to heal and to save through the Atonement. This is a way for me to share that belief and testimony with others.

4. I also believe in the Twelve Steps of recovery. This is a way to take Step 12.

5. I believe in the general idea of karma, that what goes around, comes around. Some of my children do not share my beliefs. Neither do some of my extended family members and friends who I love and care for. And while they may never choose to read this blog, maybe someone else's loved one will read it and be influenced for good. Then perhaps someone else, somewhere, someday, may touch the hearts of my children, family and friends, converting them to Jesus Christ and his gospel.

Note: While I generally study and journal every day, I may not always get those blogs entered daily. Also, some I may choose not to share due to their personal nature. But those I do post, I will post in increments which represent individual days, even though they may all have the same posting date.

I invite sincere and honest comments, but I will delete any that I deem to be disrespectful or blatant flaming.

KB

No comments: