Friday, February 17, 2006

God Does Not Act at Random

“The Lord never created this world at random; he has never done any of his work
at random.” (Teachings of Wilford Woodruff, p27)

I am part of the Lord’s work. That means that nothing about me, nothing about my life, is random. I am part of His plan.

“Let us increase continually in faith, in hope, in righteousness, and in every
virtuous principle which is necessary for us to have to sustain us in every
trial through which we may be called to pass in order to prove us as friends of
God.
” (Teachings, p33; emphasis added)

Now that’s an interesting thought. We pass through trials in order to prove ourselves friends of God. I’ve always known that trials are to prove our commitment, our testimony, our obedience to God. But to prove us as His friends??

That puts a whole new spin on things, doesn’t it?

No comments: