Sunday, March 26, 2006

Am I Doing It Right? (1 Nephi 18:4)

March 13, 2006


“after I had finished the ship,...it was good, and...the workmanship thereof was
exceedingly fine.” (1 Nephi 18:4)

I wonder if there were times while he was building the ship that Nephi wondered if he was doing it right? Did he wonder if he’d ever be able to finish it? If he was up to the task? Did he wonder if it would hold up in the water or if it would all fall apart when they tried to board. I wonder if he ever had to take it apart and start all over again. Did he have as much trouble as I seem to be having in figuring it all out?

And does it even matter? That was him. This is me. And for whatever reason, I seem to feel more lost than sure. It’s not Nephi’s path I need to follow, but my own. And the Lord will help me in the way that I need help, just as he helped Nephi in the way that he needed help. And that is enough for me.

No comments: