Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Power to Live Righteously (1 Nephi 12:10-11)

Speaking of the apostles in the Americas and the three generations after Christ appeared here: “…they are righteous forever; for ecause of their faith in the Lamb of God their garments are made white in his blood.” (1 Nephi 12:10-11)

In the footnote of the Book of Mormon for Latter-day Saint Families it says: “Because of their faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ…their sins are forgiven and they are given power to live righteously.”

It doesn’t say they were perfect. They weren’t. It doesn’t say they did everything right. They didn’t. But because of the strength of their faith in the Lord and the Atonement, their past sins were forgiven and they received His power to prevent future sins.

I want to be righteous, but for all my striving, it is not enough. I’m not good enough. I’m not strong enough. But my efforts become enough when I receive the power of the Lord. I receive the power to live righteously through my faith in Jesus Christ and the power of His Atonement.

No comments: